Ten years from now, videogames are so immersive that teenagers learn lethal skills just by playing.
They’re called hapheads.
Hey Toronto! There’s a new webseries by Jim Munroe and the rest of the folks behind the film “Ghosts With Shit Jobs,” launching NEXT THURSDAY, JANUARY 22ND! It’s called HAPHEAD, and if you’re in Toronto you can win passes to an exclusive screening of all 8 episodes!
Haphead is the story of a girl who’s literally empowered by videogames.
Ten years from now, a new haptic peripheral makes videogames so immersive that people learn skills just by playing. Maxine makes less than minimum wage at the factory where they make them, so she decides to become an unofficial beta tester by stealing one for herself. At home, her favorite rabbit-ninja game gets a whole lot more punishing, with the haptic feedback loop beating lethal skills into her muscle memory. Which is good: she needs to level up quick once her employer discovers her on-the-job theft.
Luckily, she’s not alone. There are other hapheads out there, with a variety of game-trained abilities. But while some of them are kindreds, one of them brings death…
More at http://haphead.com/
Haphead is a new webseries, but you can win one of three double-passes to an exclusive screening of the whole thing on the big screen at The Royal on Wednesday, January 22nd, at 7pm. Keep reading…
WIN 1 of 3 DOUBLE-PASSES TO AN EXCLUSIVE SCREENING OF ALL 8 EPISODES OF HAPHEAD!
To enter to win one of three double passes to see HAPHEAD at The Royal, all you have to do is make sure you’re subscribed to The Beguiling mailing list (sign-up is in the upper-left corner of thebeguilingbooksandart.com), and send an email with your name, phone number, and “NOMEDIAKINGS” to firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Subject line MUST contain entrant’s name, phone number, and “NOMEDIAKINGS”, and must be sent to email@example.com
- Entries must be made from an e-mail address subscribed to The Beguiling’s mailing list. Signup on the front page of http://www.
beguilingbooksandart.com. (Seriously, we check and we disqualify people not subscribed to the mailing list.)
- Entries must be received before Wednesday, January 21st at 11am.
- Employees and family members of The Beguiling are not eligible to win.
- One entry per person/phone number.
- No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, no cash value, odds of winning depend on total number of entries received, etc.
– Chris @ The Beguiling