DEC 11: THE DINOSAUR COMICS / BEGUILING HOLIDAY EXTRAVAGANZA 2017!
Yeah, just like we said, it’s The Dinosaur Comics & The Beguiling Holiday Party 2017!
Yes, really, the Dinosaur Comics, Beguiling, Perry Bible Fellowship, A Little Death, Unbelievable Squirrel Girl, And Other Things Too Holiday Extravaganza 2017!
Featuring Ryan North, Erica Henderson and special guest Nicholas Gurewitch!
Monday December 11, 2017, 7pm-11pm
@ No One Writes to the Colonel, 460 College St Toronto ON
FREE TO ATTEND
The Beguiling is proud to once again welcome one and all to our annual Dinosaur Comics Holiday Party! As we said last year, and still sadly relevant: things might be tough right now, but that makes getting together with friends, comics, and some secret Santa-ing even more important. This year Ryan North, creator of Dinosaur Comics and writer of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl will be joined by:
- NICHOLAS GUREWITCH, creator of PERRY BIBLE FELLOWSHIP debuting copies of his BRAND-NEW book Notes on a Case of Melancholia, Or: A Little Death!
- ERICA HENDERSON, the unbelievably talented artist of THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL!
- More TBA?!? Yes, probably! We like surprises!
If you’ve never been before, Ryan and pals will be getting together and signing/mingling with folks, we’ll ask them some fun questions in front of an audience, and there’ll be books there for you to buy and get signed too (courtesy of The Beguiling). Plus, returning for ANOTHER great year is the popular SECRET SANTA trade at the event! Read on for details!
HEY EVERYONE! WHY NOT JOIN IN FOR OUR SECRET SANTA?
We’re holding a SECRET SANTA at this event! Everyone is welcome to participate, but no one has to if they don’t want to because choice is important!
If you would like to participate:
- Please bring a wrapped gift with a monetary value of about $5-$10. Don’t go nuts, but find something cool.
- Go to the book sales table and trade your gift for a numbered ticket.
- At 8:30pm, we’ll call out the numbers, and when your number is called you’ll have your choice of the available gifts!
- Please mark on the outside of the gift if your item contains food and especially if it contains common allergens including peanuts, gluten, etc., so that people with allergies will be able to make an informed Secret Santa Selection.
- (Psst- The Beguiling will be open late that day so you can pop over and grab a last minute gift or two!)
Thanks to Ryan, Nicholas, Erica and No One Writes to the Colonel for helping to make this another amazing event!
Doors at 6 and event starts at 7, wrapping up around 11 (but feel free to keep partying!)
SEE YOU THERE!