Orc Stain: Volume 1
By James Stokoe
Published by Image Comics
Reviewed by Chris Eng
Perspective. It’s the thing missing from 99% of fantasy stories out there.
Blah blah blah, quest. Blah blah blah, magic item. Blah blah blah, kill some orcs. Why? Because the quest is sacred, the items are magic and the orcs are evil. ‘Nuff said. Except it’s not enough. Not really.
For starters, what specifically is so evil about the orcs? They’re an advanced civilization with their own politics and art forms. They have their own culture. So why is it never shown?
Alright! The slightly-delayed conclusion to our Boxing Day sale begins Monday. Here’s the deal!
- Selected boxes of comics will be put on a special sale for one week at a time.
- These books will be discounted at 50% off of cover price to start with.
- On the first day of the sale (Monday), if you purchase 20 or more different issues from the sale box, all of the issues you buy become $1 each!
- Each day that the sale continues, the number of issues needed to get to the $1 level decreases. Tuesday & Wednesday: Buy 15 or more different issues and they’re a dollar each. Thursday and Friday, buy 10. Saturday and Sunday, buy 5.
- The whole thing starts over again on Monday with all new titles and publishers.
WEEK ONE: January 28th to February 3rd – MARVEL
WEEK TWO: February 4th to February 10th – IMAGE, DARK HORSE, MISC
WEEK THREE: February 11th to February 17th – DC
* Just to clarify, you need to purchase 20 different issues on that first day, and 20 copies of Dweezleman #1 doesn’t count. 1 copy each of Dweezleman #1 to 20 would count, and then you can buy as many of the number 1st as you want to at that point. If this is unclear we’ll explain it again in store.