Happy Sailor Moon Day! Today, September 13th marks the return of Sailor Moon to North American shores in the form of Sailor Moon Volume 1 from Kodansha Comics. This all-new edition features retouched art, top-quality scans, and all new translation, bonus materials and more! The new edition is gorgeous too, and both long term fans (“Moonies”) and those curious about the series should be really happy with it.
However, due to a shipping error, our copies of Sailor V Volume 1 didn’t arrive today, and likely won’t be arriving next week. And so our event is going to be a little changed, where it will now be more of a day-long “happening” than something you need to come by at a specific time for. So, to that end:
Sailor Moon Day Details!
– Sailor Moon Volume 1 by Naoko Takeuchi is available now!
– Purchase Sailor Moon Volume 1 on Tuesday, September 13th and get a voucher good for 50% off the price of Sailor V Volume 1 when we get copies (probably next week).
– SALE: 20% off manga! All manga volumes purchased at the SAME TIME as a copy of Sailor Moon Volume 1 on Tuesday September 13th will be discounted 20% off of their normal price! Sailor Moon Volume 1 is still full price.
– CONTEST: Win Sailor Moon Posters or an Art Book! Prize draw at 6:30pm!
First Prize (1): Japanes “Sailor Moon R” Anime Art Book, Japanese Sailor Moon Anime-Manga Volume 1, and Sailor Moon Poster
Runner-up Prizes (5): Sailor Moon Poster
For a chance to win this pack, send an e-mail with your name, daytime telephone number, and “FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday, September 13th at 6:00pm EST. Winners will be drawn in-store at 6:30pm. Winners don’t need to be present to get their prizes, but they must be able to pick up their prize in person at The Beguiling.
BONUS: Purchase Sailor Moon Volume 1 at The Beguiling and receive 2 extra entries into this contest! Must be signed-up in-store.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. Subject line MUST contain entrants name, phone number, and “FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT”, and must be sent to email@example.com.
2. Entries must be made from an e-mail address subscribed to The Beguiling’s mailing list. Signup on the front page of http://beguiling.com
3. Entries must be received before Tuesday September 13th at 6pm.
4. Employees and family members of The Beguiling are not eligible to win.
5. One entry per household/phone number.
6. Winners must be able to pick up their prize in person at The Beguiling.
7. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, no cash value, etc.