They go by different names — Subscriptions, Pull Files, Hold Boxes, Pulls etc — mostly names about pulling things, like comics.While we haven’t advertised the fact, we at The Beguiling run a fantastic subscription/pull file service for comics customers. If you’re unfamiliar with the idea, here’s how it works:
- Provide us with a list of the comics you’d like to buy (usually two months in advance)
- We make sure those comics are ready for you when they come into the store!
You just come to the counter, say your name, and we produce your comics. It’s like being in a magical secret club! If you’re addicted to the thrill of weekly comic purchases, the best way to get your fix is with a pull file at The Beguiling.
Many of our new pullfile customers have set up pullfiles because it’s getting harder and harder to find the comics that they want on the racks. While we’re committed to ordering wide and stocking deep on all of the different types of comics in the industry, a pullfile is a great way to guarantee you’re getting the comics that you want.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Keep reading:
The Beguiling prides itself on carrying a lot of material that you simply cannot find in other stores! Just this week we put out Sam Humphries and Dalton Rose’s SACRIFICE #1 for sale, for example! DC, Image, IDW, Dark Horse, Marvel, as well as all of the “indy” publishers. We also work with different distributors and even direct with publishers! Basically, if it’s coming out in North America, we can probably get it in for you.
As a store, knowing what you want in advance is valuable information. So valuable to us, in fact, that we offer 20% discount off cover price for comics that you purchase through your pull list. For material published in the United States, that’s 20% off the American cover. For material published in Canada, it’s 20% off Canadian cover. That’s a fantastic deal! The only rub is that since we order your comics in advance, so we need two-month’s notice if you’d like to cancel a title on your list or your pull file.
Also: We can set up a pull list for you right away. While we do require 2 months notice, we realize you might not always have that luxury! We can start a pull file for you right away, with discounts, but we can’t guarantee you’ll get everything you want on the week it comes out unless you’re pre-ordering 2 months in advance. We can generally reorder all comics though, so please set up your file with us with confidence: We can get you the comics you want! It might just take a little bit longer until your pre-orders catch up.
How To Get Started
If you’re interested in starting a pull file with The Beguiling, we need a few things from you:
- A list of the comics you want to get every month. This can be:
- Subscription List: This can either be a general list of titles (Batman, Detective Comics…) or groups of titles (“Anything with Batman in it!”).
- Previews Order: You can also provide a complete breakdown of what you want from the Previews catalogue every month. (We prefer this.)
- Comixology: If you’re already doing your pullfiles on Comixology, you can set us up as your store on that service.
- You need to have at least 5 regular comic books on your pull list.
- We need your name, e-mail address, and telephone number. For pull files being started with over $50/month of material, we will also require a valid credit card number to be kept on file.
- You must come in a minimum of once every two weeks to pick up your new comics, and you must purchase all items that have been pulled for you, for the first two months. Afterwards these terms are negotiable.
- Any items not normally ordered by The Beguiling (toys, shirts, merch, etc.) may require pre-payment in part or in full.
- We’ll pull and hold your comics for you!
- Access to rare, difficult to find, and exclusive comics.
- You will get a 20% discount on all comics that you pre-order from us.
- The ability to pre-order variant covers, a perk we only offer to pull file customers.
- We can mail your pulls to you! We ship comics to customers as close as Mississauga and as far away as the Northwest Territories! We’ll happily ship to you as well!
- The peace of mind in knowing that you’re going to get the comics you want without having to drive all over Toronto to find them.
- Our assurance that, while mistakes may eventually happen and comics may get missed from your file, we’ll do everything in our power to track down any missing comics and provide them to you.
If you want to get started, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or come into the store, and we’ll set-up your pullfile right away!
– Chris @ The Beguiling