A film by Lewis Klahr
Tuesday, May 24th, 2016. Doors @ 6:30, Screening @ 7PM
@ Innis Town Hall, 2 Sussex Avenue
Tickets $8 in advance, $10 at the door
Presented by Cinema Scope Magazine, the Cinema Studies Institute at the University of Toronto, and The Beguiling Books & Art
In the feature-length collage film Sixty Six, Lewis Klahr pastes together an oblique and ominous narrative from scraps of 1960s printed ephemera (comic books, glossy magazines, advertisements), classical music, and Greek mythology. More than a decade in the making, Klahr’s densely constructed magnum opus is “one of the finest cinematic achievements of the year” (Manohla Dargis, The New York Times),” and is the cover feature of the latest issue of Cinema Scope (the aptly numbered #66).
Named one of the top five experimental filmmakers of the 2000s by Film Comment, Lewis Klahr is a Los Angeles-based artist and Guggenheim Fellow who has been hand-making films since 1977. Specializing in collage, he has exhibited internationally, including at the Whitney Biennial, and his work has been purchased by New York’s Museum of Modern Art, where Sixty Six debuted in December.
HOW TO WIN 1 OF 3 PAIRS OF TICKETS TO SEE SIXTY-SIX
To enter to win one of 3 pairs of tickets to see the exclusive screening of SIXTY SIX on Tuesday, May 24th, all you have to do is make sure you’re subscribed to The Beguiling mailing list (sign-up is in the upper-left corner of beguilingbooksandart.com), and send an email with your name, phone number, and “SIXTYSIX” to firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Subject line MUST contain entrant’s name, phone number, and “SIXTYSIX”, and must be sent to email@example.com
- Entries must be made from an e-mail address subscribed to The Beguiling’s mailing list. Signup on the front page of http://www.
beguilingbooksandart.com. (Seriously, we check and we disqualify people not subscribed to the mailing list.)
- Entries must be received before Monday, May 23rd, at 11am.
- Employees and family members of The Beguiling are not eligible to win.
- One entry per person/phone number.
- No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, no cash value, odds of winning depend on total number of entries received, etc.
Good luck to all entrants!
– Chris @ The Beguiling