Film Distributor GKIDS is partnering with TIFF Bell Lightbox for a special screening run of the acclaimed animated film MISS HOKUSAI, which recently had it’s Canadian premiere at The Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre. This beautifully animated coming-of-age tale tells the remarkable story of the young woman behind one of Japan’s most famous artists.
“As all of Edo flocks to see the work of the revered painter Hokusai, the artist’s daughter O-Ei toils inside his studio, creating masterful portraits and erotic sketches that — sold under her father’s name — are coveted by aristocrats and journeyman printmakers alike. Shy and reserved in public, in the studio O-Ei is brash and uninhibited, but despite this fiercely independent spirit she struggles under the domineering influence of her father and is ridiculed for lacking the life experience that she is attempting to portray in her art. A sumptuously animated coming-of-age tale, Miss Hokusai tells the remarkable story of the young woman behind one of history’s most famous artists.”
WIN RUN-OF-ENGAGEMENT TICKETS TO SEE MISS HOKUSAI @ TIFF
To enter to win one of 3 pairs of tickets good for the run of engagement of MISS HOKUSAI at TIFF, beginning October 28th, all you all you have to do is make sure you’re subscribed to The Beguiling mailing list (sign-up is in the upper-left corner of beguilingbooksandart.com), and send an email with your name, phone number, and “GREAT WAVES” in the subject line, to email@example.com
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Subject line MUST contain entrant’s name, phone number, and “GREAT WAVES” and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must be made from an e-mail address subscribed to The Beguiling’s mailing list. Signup on the front page of http://www.
beguilingbooksandart.com. (Seriously, we check and we disqualify people not subscribed to the mailing list.)
- Entries must be received before Monday, October 24th, 2016, at 11am.
- Employees and family members of The Beguiling are not eligible to win.
- One entry per person/phone number.
- No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, no cash value, odds of winning depend on total number of entries received, etc.
Good luck to all entrants! And yes, you can absolutely enter this contest AND the Empire Of Corpses contest, and winning either doesn’t prohibit you from winning the other.