JODOROWSKY’S DUNE: This fascinating documentary explores the genesis of one of cinema’s greatest epics that never was: cult filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky’s (EL TOPO) adaptation of Frank Herbert’s sci-fi classic Dune, whose cast would have included such icons as Salvador Dali, Orson Welles and Mick Jagger. Jodorowsky enlisted an elite group of artistic mercenaries, including French comic book artist Moebius, who illustrated the storyboards; screenwriter Dan O’Bannon (DARK STAR, ALIEN); artist H.R. Giger (ALIEN); and sci-fi paperback illustrator Chris Foss. The film was never made.
(As an aside: Many of the ideas that Jodorowski developed for this project ended up heavily informing his comics careeer, which came out of the ashes of DUNE. We have quite a few different Jodorowsky books in stock at The Beguiling now!)
A hit at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival, JODOROWSKY’s DUNE is now returning to the TIFF Bell Lightbox for a limited run beginning April 4th… and we’ve got five run-of-engagement double passes to see it! Want to win one? Keep reading to find out how.
CONTEST: JODOROWSKY’S DUNE
To Enter to win one of five double passes to see “Jodorowsky’s Dune”, all you have to do is make sure you’re subscribed to The Beguiling mailing list (sign-up is in the upper-right corner of this site), and send an email with your name, phone number, and “ELTOPO” to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, March 31st, at11:00am. We’ll draw and e-mail the winners by noon on that day. Film opens on Friday, April 4th.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Subject line MUST contain entrant’s name, phone number, and “ELTOPO”, and must be sent to email@example.com.
- Entries must be made from an e-mail address subscribed to The Beguiling’s mailing list. Signup on the front page of http://www.
beguilingbooksandart.com. (Seriously, we check and we disqualify people not subscribed to the mailing list.)
- Entries must be received before Monday, March 31st, 2014, at 11:00am.
- Employees and family members of The Beguiling are not eligible to win.
- One entry per person/phone number.
- No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, no cash value, odds of winning depend on total number of entries received, etc.