(This one is for our international customers, enjoy! – Chris @ The Beguiling)
The Beguiling: Original Comics Art & Illustration Sales
at The San Diego Comic-Con, July 23-26
Drawn & Quarterly Booth, #1529
The Beguiling will once again be representing the original comics art and illustration sales of more than 3 dozen cartoonists at The San Diego Comic-Con this week, July 23-26 (we will not be at Preview night). The Beguiling’s Peter Birkemoe will be on hand and exhibiting in a small corner of booth #1529, owned by venerable Canadian publisher Drawn + Quarterly.
The Beguiling represents original art by some of alternative comics’ greatest names at their online artstore, http://www.beguiling.com/artstore1a.asp, including D+Q cartoonists Seth, Jason Lutes, and Sammy Harkham, all of whom will be signing at the D+Q booth during Comic-Con. The Beguiling will be sure to have a bunch of art by these fine cartoonists on hand at the show.
Other highlights of this year’s mix of comics art and illustration include:
– Dozens of all-new, never-before offered pages by artist Farel Dalrymple from OMEGA THE UNKNOWN (with Jonathan Lethem), including pages from issues 9 and 10, covers, and process work! Also on hand will be illustrations and the original art for his story in MEATHAUS: SOS.
– For the first time ever, we will be selling the original artwork from the popular U.S. tv series QUEER AS FOLK, by Toronto artist and former-Beguiling-owner Sean Scoffield! These pages feature the character CAPTAIN ASTRO created for the show, with one painting and one pen-and-ink illustration, as well as other work from Scoffield’s recent career at Marvel Comics.
– Recent art from Norwegian cartoonist Jason (LOW MOON), Kevin Huizenga (CURSES), Maurice Vellekoop (PIN-UPS), Anders Nilsen (DOGS & WATER), Jeff Lemire (ESSEX COUNTY), Becky Cloonan (AMERICAN VIRGIN) and more!
– If all goes according to plan, we will have some last-minute new artwork on-hand from Paul Pope, creator of THB, BATMAN YEAR 100, and WEDNESDAY COMICS. According to Paul, his WEDNESDAY COMICS original art are some of his largest pieces EVER, and this will be the first time that they will be available for sale!
– If you weren’t able to make it to this year’s Toronto Comic Art Festival, then you missed one of the most unique and exclusive releases of the year, Francois Ayroles’ GREAT MOMENTS FROM THE HISTORY OF COMICS. This hilarious comix chapbook sends up all of the greatest creators in comics from around the world, and is an indispensible item for any artcomix fan. GREAT MOMENTS FROM THE HISTORY OF COMICS will be available exclusively at the D&Q booth.
Hate paying for shipping? If you will be at the San Diego Comic-Con and are interested in purchasing a specific piece of art from our website, we will happily bring it to the show for you. If you’d like us to bring a specific piece from our website to take a look at, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately we are not “holding” art for people unless they have purchased it outright, but we will try to accommodate all requests. Contact email@example.com for further details.
Also, a number of the artists that we represent will be signing and exhibiting at San Diego this year. Here’s a quick guide to everyone (we think) that will be in San Diego:
Gabriel Ba, Becky Cloonan, Fabio Moon – #1322
Jeffrey Brown, Jeff Lemire – Top Shelf, #1721
Jordan Crane – Fantagraphics, #1716
Sammy Harkham, Jason Lutes, Seth – Drawn + Quarterly, #1529
Bryan Lee O’Malley – Oni Press, #1833
Paul Pope – DC, #1915
So once again, that’s The Beguiling Books & Art in San Diego at Drawn + Quarterly’s booth, #1529! See you this week!
ABOUT: Celebrating it’s 22nd Anniversary this summer, The Beguiling is a book store and original art dealer in Toronto, Canada. We represent original art sales from over three dozens comics creators and illustrators from around the world. Almost all of the original art that The Beguiling represents is consigned by the artists, ensuring we are able to offer the widest possible selection of material and that the artists get the largest possible chunk of the proceeds. To see our collection of original art, visit us online at http://www.beguiling.com/artstore1a.asp.